Digitalization and Innovation are key pillars of the city’s continuing work
Tirana has a great potential to develop as an ICT start-up hub due to a young, multilingual population that is looking for self-employment and low capital requirements to set-up ICT businesses.
For a couple of years now, Tirana Municipality has used mediums of innovation and technology in delivering public services and serving its mission as an institution. The approach has been delivered in two directions: community-based and internal-based. Community-based innovations are apps and platforms designed to help citizens and the community in their daily life in terms of local public services digitalization.
Internal based innovations are platforms and systems created by the ICT department with the aim of increasing and measuring performance of staff. Examples include systems of asset management, financial management, digital performance evaluation, access control and folder sharing. The platforms help Municipality staff in their daily job.
More digital initiatives from our city:
- Bibliotech Challenge https://cefe.net/cefe-best-practice-in-albania/
- Virtual round tables https://innovation4bt.medium.com/virtual-round-tables-5e3ed12f19fb
- Digital Rights Workshop organized with DEMSOC https://innovation4bt.medium.com/citizen-voices-for-digital-rights-in-tirana-albania-a81ac036c362
- opendata – a platform of statistical data of the municipality in open data format and license (easily data) and easily analyzable. This site increases transparency and provides citizens with various data on jobs, investments and any services performed in the city.
- ekioska – devices located in 10 destinations at the Administrative Units offering the possibility of withdrawing many certificates and applications that citizens made at the Municipality counter.
- tiranaime – an application integrating the main services of the city of Tirana on your smartphone. This includes information on traffic and transportation in the city, tourism, the ability to report problematic situations, the ability to pay for parking via mobile phone and many other valuable information.
- bibliotech– 4 public libraries in 4 administrative units equipped with technological establishment with the goal of reducing digital illiteracy.
- friendlywifi – while being a government-initiated safe certification standard for public WiFi, the service provides filtered non-abusive content for citizens of Tirana in public spots.
For more information click on our official website: https://dptiidh.tirana.al/